Local Business Tax Receipt
City of Pembroke Pines
Local Business Tax Receipt Office
601 City Center Way, 4th Floor
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33025
Every business, profession, or occupation operating in the City of Pembroke Pines, including a home-based business, is required by city ordinance to obtain a City of Pembroke Pines Local Business Tax Receipt. A Business Tax Receipt is a requirement of the State of Florida per Florida Statutes Chapter 205. You will need to apply for the Local Business Tax Receipt by completing a Local Business Tax Receipt & Zoning Application Form (if operating from a commercial or leased space), Download a Local Business Tax Receipt Zoning Application. or a Restricted Local Business Tax Receipt & Zoning Application Form (if operating business from a residence). Download a Local Business Tax Receipt Zoning Application-RESTRICTED
Specialty Business Application Packets:
Before submitting your application, please note the following:
- Your business must be registered and be active with the State of Florida, Division of Corporations. You can do this at www.sunbiz.org or you can call the Department of State at 850-245-6000. If you will be using a “Fictitious Name” (DBA), this must also be registered with the State of Florida, Division of Corporations.
- Your business must have an active Federal Tax Identification Number (also known as FEIN). To apply for your Federal Tax ID Number contact the Internal Revenue Service at 800-829-3676.
- If your business is operating from a commercial or leased space, a copy of your lease must accompany your application.
- A copy of any county and/or state license required for your business, profession or occupation must accompany your application. (See County/State Licensing Agency Information listed below.) Certain businesses, professions or occupations may require a Certificate of General Liability Insurance. Please call 954-450-1062 if you are unsure if this pertains to your business, profession or occupation.
- A Broward County Local Business Tax Receipt must also be obtained AFTER the issuance of the Pembroke Pines Local Business Tax Receipt. This may be done at the Broward Country Governmental Center located at 115 S. Andrews Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale, 954-765-4697, or you may apply online at www.broward.county-taxes.com/btexpress.
County/State Licensing Agency Information
- Alcoholic Beverage Commission: 5080 Coconut Creek Parkway, Margate, FL 33063 954-917-1350.
- Broward County Certificate of Competency Board: 1 N University Dr., Plantation, FL 33324 954-765-4400.
- Dept. of Bus. and Prof. Regulation: 1940 North Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027 850-487-1395.
- Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services: Tallahassee, FL 850-245-5500.
- Food/Health Permit/Restaurant License:
If you own a convenience store, market, etc., contact the Department of Agriculture (
- HRS – Broward County Child Care Licensing: (Day Care Center or Family Home Daycare) 954-357-4800.
- Sales Tax Information – Dept. of Revenue: 3301 N University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065 954-346-3000 www.myflorida.com/dor
City of Pembroke Pines Local Business Tax Receipts Division-Information in English
City of Pembroke Pines Local Business Tax Receipts Division-Information in Spanish