|3/14/2011||RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE FIRE |
|INCIDENT TYPE : Residential Structure Fire|
PIO ASSIGNED THIS INCIDENT: Tom Gallagher
Fire Rescue Alarm #2011-27765
DATE: March 14, 2011
PLACE OF OCCURRENCE: 8880 NW 10th Street, Pembroke Pines
A hot clothes iron sparked a bedroom fire in a Pembroke Pines home on Monday afternoon that caused an estimated $30,000 in smoke and fire damage. Neighbors reported the fire around 1 pm in a single family house located in the City’s Sunswept community
A male occupant of the home at the time of the fire told fire investigators from the Pembroke Pines Fire Department that clothing that was being ironed caught fire and quickly spread to other contents within the home’s northeast bedroom. Someone at the home attempted to put the fire out with a garden while neighbors were calling 911
The first units from the Pembroke Pines Fire Department arrived on scene within two minutes of receiving reports of the fire and the fire was brought under control ten minutes later.
The cause of the blaze was ruled accidental and there were no reported injuries.
Contents ©1999-2010 City of Pembroke Pines, Florida USA. All rights reserved.