Click to Home
City GovernmentCity DepartmentsBusiness OpportunitiesLiving in PinesHow Do I...?
Go To Search
Preventing Medical Oxygen Fires
When using medical oxygen, the amount of oxygen in the air, furniture, clothing, hair, and bedding can increase. This means there is a higher risk of both fires and burns because it is easier for a fire to start and spread.

Safety Tips
  • Never smoke in a home where medical oxygen is used.
  • Post "No Smoking" signs inside and outside your home to remind residents and guests not to smoke.
  • Never use a candle, match, lighter, or other open flame.
  • Never use a fireplace, stove, or other equipment fueled by gas, kerosene, wood, or coal.
  • Do not allow children to use toys that spark.
  • Keep oil, grease, and similar petroleum-based products away from oxygen valves. They can cause a spontaneous explosion.