With the threat of hurricanes each year, it's extremely important that residents and businesses be prepared year round. The City of Pembroke Pines offers accurate information to ensure that everyone knows what is happening in the city before, during and after a storm, and what residents and businesses need to do to prepare.
Develop a Plan
Hurricane season officially starts June 1 and ends November 30. However, preparation for storms should be consistent throughout the year. This saves time, aggravation and dealing with depleted supplies at the time a storm is actually headed our way. Each household, visitor, and business must develop a plan of action for hurricanes and severe weather. Learn Hurricane Basics
Information you will find here includes steps to take to protect yourself, your family, and your home, prepare your automobile, and keep your pets safe. Resource links, telephone numbers and other useful information is at your fingertips.
- What is a tropical disturbance, tropical depression, tropical storm?
- Should I tape my windows when a hurricane threatens?
- What should I do during a hurricane watch vs a hurricane warning?
- What do some of the words and acronyms mean when talking about hurricanes?
- What is wind shear?
- What are “Cape Verde” hurricanes?
- Do I need to open my windows when a hurricane approaches?
- Why are hurricanes named?
- Does El Nino affect hurricanes?