New commercial, institutional and residential projects require a landscape plan as part of the site development plan. In the permitting phase of the project, applicants can be required to apply for a landscape permit via the City's Development HUB. It should be noted that Landscape Permits (LPs) are processed through the Planning and Economic Development Department, not the Building Department. Landscape permits are required for all construction activities within private property and dedicated public rights-of-way and easements including, but not limited to; installation of landscaping, replacement of landscaping as well as tree removal.
Landscape Permit (LP) Requirements
- Permit Application - Completed notarized application
- Construction Contract - Contract indicating the installation costs (for the scope of work to be completed at that time) as well as individual costs, species, size, labor, quantities and the lump sum cost of the project shall be attached with the permit application. (DO NOT INCLUDE IRRIGATION)
- Landscape Plan - Drawings and Specifications for the landscape project. All plans must be signed and sealed by a registered professional of the appropriate discipline.
- Additional Documentation - Landscape contractor must provide proof of Broward County/City Local Business Tax receipt (LBTR) as well as copy of liability insurance.The LBTR may be obtained from Broward County by calling 954-765-4697 or online.
- Permit Fee - Check or money order made payable to the City of Pembroke Pines. 4.69% of the construction cost, or as otherwise specified in Section 155.659 of the City Code of Ordinances (Irrigation cost are NOT to be included in the Landscape Permit Fee). Application review may require additional fees based on staff cost analysis.
Landscape Permit (LP) Process
- Pre-Application Submission - Applicant will submit required documents for plan review (application, contract, plans and additional documents) via the Development HUB.
- Application Completeness Review - Department staff will review the pre-application submission.
- Invoicing - After staff has determined that the submission is complete, an invoice (permit fee) will be created based on the values within the construction contract.
- Plan Review - Formal review of the landscape plan permit documents will not occur until permit fee has been processed.
- Landscape Permit Issuance - Permit issued, a set of the approved stamped drawings and specification must be present on site at all times during construction and inspections.
- Inspections - All inspections must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hrs before the date of the inspection. To schedule an inspection please contact the Planning and Economic Development Landscape Department at (954) 392-2100.
- Permit Final - Applicants should confirm that landscape permit has been closed and finalized by City staff following the inspection.