The Planning and Zoning functions are two of the core components of the City’s Planning and Economic Development Department. All residential and commercial development projects are processed through Planning and Zoning.
Planning, Zoning and Landscaping:
- Administer the City’s development review process.
- Administer and maintain the City’s comprehensive plan.
- Administer and maintains the City’s zoning code.
- Coordinate housing programs.
- Conduct site plan reviews.
- Conduct landscape plan reviews and inspections.
- Conduct zoning inspections.
- Maintains the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Participates with various government agencies to ensure the City’s planning interests are represented throughout the region.
- Process commercial and residential zoning variance, zoning interpretation, and zoning appeals petitions.
- Process development applications for all residential and commercial projects.
- Review of building permits for compliance with the City’s Zoning Code.
- Review and update zoning/land development codes.
- Review and process tree removal or relocation applications.
- Serve as staff liaisons to the City's Board of Adjustment, Economic Development Board, Environmental Advisory Board and Planning and Zoning Board.