The Logistics Division is one of the most task-oriented Divisions within the Fire Department. The responsibilities cover a broad spectrum of highly technical issues associated with today’s fire service. The Logistics Division manages and maintains all aspects of six Fire Stations, the South Regional Dispatch Center for Broward County, the Fire Department Vehicle Maintenance Center, and our Fire Training Facility.
Support the men and woman working on the frontline keeping our citizens safe by providing and maintaining the highest quality tools and equipment available all while being fiscally responsible within the limits of our budget.
ResponsibilitiesSome of the responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing vehicle preventive maintenance, design and purchasing of new vehicles
- Maintenance and repair of all equipment
- Research and purchasing of new equipment
- Uniform cleaning and maintaining
- Repair and maintenance of all Fire Department facilities
- Radio and Station Alerting maintenance and repair
- Annual testing of all fire engines and platforms for pump certification
- Annual testing of all ground and aerial ladders
- Annual testing of all fire hoses
- Annual testing of all SCBA's (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Managing and planning annual budget
- Working with Public Services, Procurement, Contracts, Finance Departments, and City's Legal Team