***the Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department's Hiring Window is now closed, please check back for further updates***
Current Job Openings
Candidates are selected through National Testing Network (NTN). To register with the National Testing Network (NTN) and schedule a pre- employment exam go to the National Testing Network site. Select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department.
When you visit the National Testing Network
- Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your exam.
- Review all information related to the Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department Firefighter, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- Review detailed information about the exam process. Review detailed information about the exam process. Review the frequently asked questions and take an online practice test (if desired)
Please avoid calling or emailing the City of Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department or Human Resources Department.
The City of Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
General duty firefighting and prehospital emergency medical world in the protection of life and prosperity through the application of standard tactical methods and procedures.
All applicants must provide proof of the following at time of application.
- Birth certificate
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) and FireTEAM test from National Testing Network
- Bureau of Fire Standards & Training Certificate of Compliance
- EVOC- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course
- Copy of DD-214 if applicable
- High School Graduate or GED
- State of Florida EMT or paramedic license
- Valid Florida drivers license
During the recruitment period, applicants meeting the above requirements will be scheduled for the following City of Pembroke Pines fire department hiring process.
- Background investigation
- Medical exam
- Oral interview
- Polygraph exam
Message From the Fire Chief
The Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department has six fire stations which have personnel who provide service to over 150,380 residents covering an area of 37 plus square miles.
I invite you to learn more about our Fire Department by perusing through our website.
- Marcelino Rodriguez, Fire Chief