Current Job OpeningsThe Pembroke Pines Fire Department (PPFD) hires throughout the year on an as-needed basis. The PPFD utilizes the New Hire Assessment to create a list of eligible candidates for hire. For more information, visit the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety Website.
Once a list is created, the hiring process takes approximately 90 days to complete. Each candidate will partake in an oral interview, an application and review process, a background check, a polygraph test, and a medical examination.
Note: Applications are provided at the end of the oral interview process.
General duty firefighting and prehospital emergency medical world in the protection of life and prosperity through the application of standard tactical methods and procedures.
All applicants must provide proof of the following at time of application.
- Birth certificate
- NHA complete with passing scores in all applicable areas
- CPAT candidate physical ability test
- Bureau of Fire Standards & Training Certificate of Compliance
- EVOC- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course
- Copy of DD-214 if applicable
- High School Graduate or GED
- State of Florida EMT or paramedic license
- Valid Florida drivers license
- Background investigation
- Medical exam
- Oral interview
- Polygraph exam
If department standards are met: Fire department salary - $44,528.64, Paramedic - $53,040.00
Message From the Fire Chief
The Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue Department has six fire stations which have personnel who provide service to over 150,380 residents covering an area of 37 plus square miles.
I invite you to learn more about our Fire Department by perusing through our website.
- John Picarello, Fire Chief