North Perry was constructed by the U.S. Navy in 1943 for use as a satellite training field in connection with flight training activities at Miami Naval Air Station. After the war, it was inactive until 1950 when it was acquired by Broward County.
North Perry is a general aviation airport devoted exclusively to private and business light-plane activity. Concessionaires offer fuel, service, air charter, flight instruction, aircraft sales, maintenance, storage, and other services for the flying public. Last year there were 139,880 operations at the airport.