- City Departments
- Procurement Department
- Vendor Guide
- Public Records Request
Public Records Request
Role of the City Clerk's DepartmentOftentimes, vendors contact the Procurement Division to request documents such as Contracts, Commission Approval, Bid Tabulations, etc. However, as the custodian of records, the City Clerk's Department is responsible for records management and serves as the information nucleus for records requested throughout the City and its various departments.
Below we will provide you with an explanation of fees and step-by-step instructions on submitting a Public Records Request.
If there are any costs associated with researching and gathering the information, an estimated cost will be provided to you for approval prior to the start of any research by the City Clerk's Department. Below you will find a description of the various fees:
- Account Fees - There are no fees for creating an account or for submitting a Public Records Request.
- Research Fees - The first half hour of research/copy time is free. If research/copy time exceeds a half hour, the actual cost of the person doing the research/copying plus a 30% surcharge will be charged.
- Document Fees - If the information being requested can be e-mailed, there are no document fees. If you prefer paper copies, there is a charge of $0.15 for single side pages and $0.25 for double side pages.
- Deposit - A 75% deposit is required upfront, for extensive research, prior to the work being performed.
- Go to the City's "Citizen Action Center" which can be found in the middle of the City's home page under the scrolling images.
- Scroll down and choose the "Record Request / Questions Request for Public Information/Comments" link.
- Choose the "Submit Public Records Request" link.
- Scroll down and choose the "Other Public Records Request" link.
- Choose the "Create Account" link. Please note that there is no charge to create an account.
- After you create an account, you will have to complete the "Description of Documents Requested" and "Preferred Communication Method".
- If there are any costs associated with researching and gathering the information, an estimated cost will be provided to you for approval prior to the start of any research by the City Clerk's Department.