- City Departments
- Public Services Department
- Utilities Division
The Utilities Division of Public Services is dedicated to providing the community with excellence in the most cost-effective manner possible to ensure an adequate supply of best quality drinking water, the environmentally safe disposal of waste products, and highest level of fire fighting water capacity. We are dedicated in serving our community with courtesy and professional customer service.
- Ensure both treatment plants operate at 100% efficiency in order to provide for the production of high quality potable water, along with the environmentally sound disposal of wastewater, for the customers of Pembroke Pines 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, while maintaining one of the lowest utility rates within southeast Florida
- Maintain 100% compliance with permit and regulatory requirements issued by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Prevent major disruptions of utility service to customers of the City's utility system.
- Maintain fire hydrant systems per City of Pembroke Pines Fire Department requirements thereby ensuring the maintenance of the fire insurance rating in the State of Florida
- Identify and repair major sources of inflow and infiltration into the sanitary sewer system
- Provide for the continuing in-house training of Utility Division personnel
- Ensure utility infrastructure, construction, and engineering projects are executed expeditiously in order to provide for the present and future water and wastewater requirements of the customer base
- Continue water meter replacement program
- Continue to streamline the organizational fabric of the division in order to provide for an effective and fiscally respondent management and operational structure
The City of Pembroke Pines is a public entity, and, under Florida law, all email addresses provided are public records. If you do not want your email address released in a public records request, please do not send electronic mail to the City of Pembroke Pines. Instead, please contact utilities customer service by phone at (954)518-9000 or in writing at: 8300 S. Palm Dr., Pembroke Pines, FL 33025